Number of Position(s):
One (1) Positions
Tuesday 27th November 2021
Duration of initial contract:
Somaliland Non-State Actors forum SONSAF is a leading civil society platform that aims to engage all Somaliland Non-Stat actors by improving their capacity and position. Since its establishment in 2008, SONSAF’s mission and primary objective are to enhance non-state actor’s voice through better coordination and networking that contributes in helping Non-state actors to possess a vibrant space in policy dialogue arena especially, peace-building, security, democratisation, development sustainability and have concrete influence in formulating policies that address the needs of all citizens. Overall, civil society and nongovernmental organisations (NGOs) can influence individual behaviour and the institutions involved in all development sectors.
Dan-guud is a thirty-six-month project undertaken through a consortium with funding from the European Union. The specific objectives of the project include the following:
- To empower youth and women CSOs through evidence-based actions to reclaim and expand their civic space and actively participate decision making processes.
- To strengthen CSOs’ voices to promote awareness and civic education through cultural expressions and media domains.
- To support safe and inclusive spaces that promotes democratic processes, accountability, social inclusion at community, regional and national levels.
is currently undertaking project funded by the European Union,
- Objectives of the Facilitation
The Overall objective of this activity is to contribute to the expansion of civic space in Somaliland particularly for youth and women. This particular activity will help to capacitate the youth wings of the three political parties in Somaliland. This training will equip these aspirational young leaders of the future with the skills to effectively participate in debates, carry out effective leadership within their respective political party, facilitate meetings, policy analyses, and the knowledge and confidence to navigate party politics.
During the training there will be different sessions including but not limited to, presentations from the facilitator, group discussion, group presentation and question & answer session.
- Scope of Work
The facilitator is expected to provide three days of training to the political parties’ youth wings. The facilitator will focus on the following key activities.
- Enable members of the youth wings from the three national political parties to be equipped with the capacity and mentorship opportunities.
- Improve fundamental skills that enables them to participate in debates, carry out effective leadership within their respective political party.
- Prepare all related training material, including; training schedule, PowerPoint presentations, handouts and discussion contents.
- The training will provide insight into how to get involved community engagement to harness grassroots support from their local community.
- The youth will be trained on how to gain influence and eventually candidacy within the political parties.
- They will be able to enhance their knowledge on the concept of youth in politics and the role of youth in all aspects of development.
- Produce a report documenting an overall assessment of the training and the challenges encountered.
The facilitator will directly report to SONSAF Project Coordinator.
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in research, law, human rights, political science, international relations or closely related discipline or relevant fields.
- A thorough understanding of electoral legislation in Somaliland.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience, preferably in conducting assessments/research, workshop and capacity building, including participatory training approaches for Civil Society Organizations or NGOs.
- Excellent awareness of the Somaliland political environment.
- Knowledge of connections to relevant stakeholders, especially in Somaliland.
- Proven experience in facilitating training.
- Should possess the ability to work with people of different cultural backgrounds irrespective of gender, religion, race, nationality and age.
- Good computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.).
- The ability to produce excellent written reports demonstrating analytical and communication skills in both Somali and English.
- Key Deliverables
It is expected that the facilitator will produce the following deliverables:
- Preparation of training: The facilitators will have one day to prepare all training material required to deliver each training session successfully and this includes; training schedules, presentation slides, handouts and discussion content.
- Provision of training: The facilitator will deliver three days of face-to-face training to the political parties’ youth wings.
- A final report: The facilitator should produce a report documenting an overall assessment of the training and the challenges encountered. The final report should be submitted to SONSAF
- Time Frame
It is essential that the training is conducted within a tight deadline; therefore, the selected facilitator must adhere to the agreed training schedule.
- Working conditions
The selected expert will work under his own accord and will be required to travel to the training location in Hargeisa. If successful, the engagements or working days will be 5 days, and remunerations will be paid based on the tasks carried out.
Interested facilitators must submit the following documents:
- A personal CV including qualifications, past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the post
- List of similar trainings conducted by the candidate
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
To be submitted no later than 4pm on 25th November 2021 to the following email address: email@example.com