Who We Are
The Somaliland Non-State Actors Forum (SONSAF) is a not-for-profit and nongovernmental organisation (NGOs) that was established in 2005 by various civil society organisations (CSOs), members of the business groups, traditional leaders, professional associations, and religious leaders.
SONAF has 67 members drawn from the entities mentioned above. SONSAF is the leading civil society platform mandated to strengthen the voice of Somaliland’s Non-State Actors (NSAs), enabling them to have a vibrant space in policy dialogue with a particular focus on peace-building and democratisation, security, poverty reduction, human rights, infrastructure, and good governance.
SONSAF continuously aims to enhance the development process by strengthening the NSAs influence through effective coordination, demonstrating best practices and innovative networking strategies to all its NSA members.
Numbers Speak for Themselves
As an independent Non-State Actors platform, SONSAF does not have a direct influence or administrative impact on the contrary, it is solely concerned about ways and means of advancing the voices and fiscal representation of its NSA members to positively contribute to the national, regional and international platforms that are responsible for the formulation of domestic, regional and global policies that address the needs of all of humanity.
- Inclusive and consultative (leave no one behind)
- Proactive and participatory
- Accountability & Transparency
- Equality, Justice, and Human Rights
- Commitment and compassionate
- Integrity and impartiality
- Support local democratization process and election process in Somaliland
- Focus on increasing policy dialogue activities in all development aspects such as policy formulation, regulatory framework and rule of law.
- Increase policy dialogue on development aid
- Build the capacity of the member of the community
SONSAF envisions effective and transparent development and cooperation dialogue.