SONSAF stands for the Somaliland Non-State Actors Forum
SONSAF aims to strengthen non-state actors in Somaliland to engage in domestic and international policy dialogue and decision making to bring about a secure and peaceful future for the people of Somaliland. We speak on behalf of a broader Somali constituency on issues such as poverty reduction, development, good governance, democracy, peace and security.
- To support all round socio-economic and political development aimed at sustaining peace and nation building,
- To help avoid conflicts and wars, and, in areas where these are occurring, to facilitate peaceful restoration of peace and security.
- To promote human rights and democracy; and empower minorities and vulnerable groups to gain a better livelihood status.
- To help Somaliland communities better utilise the environment and other natural resources.
- To network with all stakeholders and help capacitate the non-state actors and other institutions of concern.
- To represent the unity of purpose and act as a symbol of solidarity of the non-state actors by portraying an effective focal point and representative forum of the non-state actors.
- To network among the non-state actors and other institutions whose development contributions are complementary with the non-state actors’ efforts towards sustainable, development and good governance.
- Non-state actor platform capacity is strengthened in the areas of organisational management; financial accountability, planning, IT, networking and representative structures.
- Public awareness is increased and conferences, debates and discussions have improved peace, stability and nation building.
- Non-state actors have successfully represented a broad range of stakeholders in policy dialogue to enhance social development, including employment policies;
- Non-state actors have promoted human rights and democracy and increased the participation of minorities and vulnerable groups in the process of development.
- There is an effective network of communication between non-state actors and other institutions of concern.
- Non-state actors have initiated consultations with the Government on country development strategies and community support as well as on the political dialogue.
We receive technical support from:
We receive funding from: